Our values are the foundation of Valtra. They form the basis for our decisions and they guide our relationship with customers, suppliers, distributors, our parent company, our community and each other. Our five core values are team play, openness, reliability, own initiative and respect.
Our organisation is based on teamwork. Best results are achieved if the responsibility and honour of doing quality work is given to expert individuals, who work together with their colleagues towards common goals.
Good team play is only possible in an open and creative environment. Openness means that we can make optimal use of information, also unpleasant news, without delay. Openness encourages constructive evaluation among team members and helps us improve continuously.
Reliability to us also means honesty and loyalty. We only make promises we can keep, and we make what we promise. This is how we ensure that our products are durable and of high quality, and our service is fast and reliable.
Valtra's team members are individuals, who have the authority to work independently. We encourage creative initiative and innovation.
At Valtra we act respectfully towards others and treamt everybody like we would like to be treated ourselves. We accept differences and value different cultures.
Preserving the environment
True to the Nordic tradition, Valtra puts great emphasis on the protection of the environment and our natural habitats. From production facilities to the development of new product features – we proactively seek ways to increase our environmental friendliness
Examples of how Valtra operations protect the environment
- The ISO 14001 environmental certification was granted to Valtra already in 2000. Environmental regulations have not been a burden to Valtra; instead we have been happy to comply with them.
- We make considerable investments to improve our ecofriendliness. Recent investments include green heat energy produced from burning waste wood and an air cleaning unit that burns solvent steam from the chassis painting unit.
- We put great emphasis preserving natural resources by reducing waste and recycling. Factory waste is sorted into 26 different groups and there have been successful initiatives to reduce printouts and do away with disposable tableware.
How Valtra features protect the environment
Efficient and economical operations are usually also environmentally friendly. Valtra's innovations and unique product features help our customers operate efficiently and in an ecofriendly way. Here are just some examples:
- EcoPower engines, EcoSpeed transmissions and lightweight structures increase the tractors' efficiency.
- The possibility of using biodiesel and low engine idle speeds help preserving natural resources.
- Automatic steering limits overlap and underlap, which in turn reduces the amount of driving overall.
- The TwinTrac reverse drive system allows the tractor to be used in more ways, which reduces the need to manufacture or purchase redundant machinery.
Valtra is the only tractor manufacturer in the Nordic region
Read more about how we operate and about Valtra technology.